Click the full-screen icon for optimal viewing.
|Floor 3: Koerner Library Entrance||Floor 2: Research Help & Reference||Floor 1: Stacks & Group study rooms|
Koerner has different spaces and equipment to cover your studying and research needs. Book a group study room or find silent study space, work on our public workstations, and print, scan and/or photocopy your documents.
The Fireside Student Lounge is on Floor 3 (the entrance floor) - where you can check out our popular Great Reads books; borrow videos from our Videomatica collection and even hang out with your lunch.
Food is only permitted in the Fireside Student Lounge on Floor 3 and in the bookable study rooms on Floor 1.
Did you know that your student card IS your Library card? You don't need to fill out any extra forms or do anything to activate it - if you have your student card you are good to go. Once you have your CWL and your student card you can manage your Library account online or in person: you can sign up for email notifications, look up what you have checked out and/ or renew items, pay fines and/or request items from UBC-O.
Did you know that there are different time limits for different types of materials? E.g., books, videos and reserve items all have different loan periods. Overdue fines vary too - check out our loan regulations and fines page for more information.
- Check your items out at the Circulation desk or on your own at our self-check machines.
- You can also reserve books that are checked out by other people by clicking the Recall button on the top right of the catalogue page.
- Note: you cannot put a hold on material that is on the shelf, aka "available" at a campus Library.
- You can also borrow materials from other libraries - including journal articles - through our InterLibrary Loan service and between the Okanagan and Vancouver campuses via our Document Delivery service.
- You can borrow items in person at many Canadian and US Libraries - including SFU, Kwantlen and University of the Fraser Valley. See the reciprocal borrowing page for more details.
Koerner Library is just one of many branch libraries at both UBC-V and UBC-O. The majority of Koerner's collections are in the humanities and social sciences subject areas. Other branches focus on other areas, such as Education, Law, Business, Science, Medicine, Music, Fine Arts and much more. To learn more about the other branches and their collections and services see the Hours & Locations page.
|We’re here to help!|
Bring your research questions to the
Bring your Library Account questions to
To build your research skills check out our
|Test Your Knowledge|