FIREtalks are on hiatus until September 2017.
|Collaborate, network, and explore ideas across conventional disciplinary boundaries. Join us for FIREtalks, an interdisciplinary discussion forum run by graduate students for graduate students.
What is a FIREtalk?
A FIREtalk (Facilitated Interdisciplinary Research Exchange) is a mix of brief presentations, activities, and discussion, all relating to a common theme. FIREtalks are a great opportunity to:
Want to participate?
RECORD: Come to the CiTR radio station with one of our FIREtalks facilitators and record a five-minute presentation of your research topic.
ATTEND: Any graduate student can attend a FIREtalk! You do not need to submit a presentation to attend a FIREtalk and participate in the discussions. Register in advance, or simply show up!
Those who present, record, or attend a FIREtalk are eligible for an Open Badge signifying their accomplishment. Find out more on the Open Badges page.
FIREtalks are on currently on vacation. Check back in August for a list of next year's FIREtalks.
Open Badges are online credentials that take the form of digital icons. If you earn a badge from us, you can post it to online media like Twitter and LinkedIn. When a viewer clicks your badge, information will appear that shows what you had to do to earn it.
If you qualify for a badge due to your past participation in the program, and would like to claim it, set up an account with Credly and send us an email at email@example.com
Here are the badges that can be claimed, and the people who have earned them:
|FIREcasts are interdisciplinary podcasts curated by the FIREtalks team.
To suggest a topic or nominate a grad student to be part of our podcast,
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIREcasts, Volume 3
- Ethics In Spinal Cord Injury - Cody Lo
- Bad Political Decisions - David Moscrop
- InterDigiplinarity - Ernesto Peña
- FIREtalks For Your Career - Mehdi Piltan
FIREcasts, Volume 2
Volume 2, recorded Winter 2014
- Open Badges in Academia - Kate Chandler
- From Stone to Screen - Chelsea Gardner
- Cultural Techniques - Melanie Kage
- Interdisciplinary Funk - Feat: Hussein Janmohamed
FIREcasts, Volume 1
Volume 1, recorded Summer 2014
- Memory As Resistance - Alison James-Lomax
- Sensory Deprivation - Shelly Fan
- Social Media Bots - Douglas Guilbeault
- The Reading Brain - Heather Allen
- Interdisciplinary Ideas - Jennifer Abel
If you would like to participate in FIREtalks, please send us an email at email@example.com
You can also stay in touch with our LinkedIn group! Check it out here.