To promote the spatial study of the US and China, the University of Michigan Spatial Data Center and China Data Center are pleased to jointly announce the new release of “Free Mapping Online”. This web-based spatial system offers tens of thousands of free maps from US and China census data and business data. It also allows users to upload their data (in Excel format) to the system and make US or China maps online, without any GIS tools or experience. This service is free for the public, and only requires users to register for a free account. See details at spatialdataonline.org.
List of maps currently available with “Free Mapping Online”:
- US Census Data: 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, and 2010 (State, Metropolitan, County)
- US County Business Patterns: 1986-2012 (State, Metropolitan, County)
- US Business Data 1997-2013 ((State, Metropolitan, County)
- China Census Data: 2000 and 2010 (Province, City, County)
- China Economic Census Data: 2004, 2008 (Province, City, County)
- China Basic Unit Census Data: 2001 (Province, City, County)
- China Industrial Census Data: 1995 (Province, City, County)
- China Land Use Data: 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010 (Province, City, County)
- China Nighttime Light Data: 1992-2011 (Province, City, County)
This service is compatible with IE6/7, FireFox 3 or Chrome. Flash player 9 or higher is required. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.