Koerner Library Computer Labs
Koerner Library provides one computer available to UBC students, faculty, and staff for using specialized software. The lab is in room 217, seats a maximum of 32 students, and is equipped with software not commonly found in other labs throughout campus, including desktop geospatial information system (GIS) and statistical analysis software. Additional details about hardware and specific software packages related to GIS can be found on UBC Library’s GIS research guide (http://guides.library.ubc.ca/gis/labs). For a complete list of softwares available in room 217 and the various other library computer labs, see Public Computers & Softwares.
While the lab is prioritized for quiet study space and UBC Library instruction, it may be for used for certain types of instruction from outside the Library. More specifically, the lab may be requested for instructional use if:
- You require specific software only available in this lab.
- Instruction occurs only once (one time). The lab may not be booked for ongoing classes.
- You have a UBC staff login for access to the instructor’s workstation.
- You do not need technical or login assistance. The lab is available “as-is”, and Koerner Library staff cannot provide on-call assistance. All A/V questions and troubleshooting help is available during weekdays at 604-822-7956.
- Your class is occurring within 30 days you are making your request to reserve the lab. Since UBC Library services must take priority, we need to finalize our monthly schedule before we can determine availability.
- You have read and understand our general lab use policies (see below).
General Computer Lab Use Policies
Please follow these policies when using Koerner Library computer labs:
- Food is not allowed.
- Recyclable waste should be taken to the nearest recycling bin, which is just outside the labs in Koerner level 2’s main corridor.
- There are no provisions for room reconfigurations or clean up. Room users are responsible for tidying up after themselves and returning the room to its original layout, free of debris (furniture configuration diagrams are on the glass at the door).
- Any seats that are not used for instruction should be made available for study by students, staff, and faculty.
If you would like to book the lab, please fill out the form below and a member of the library will get back to you soon.